1. Boil the pokeweed in the medium pot of rapidly boiling water 1 minute over high heat.
2. Drain in a colander.
3. Return the pokeweed to pot with more boiling water from the large pot and boil another minute.
4. Drain and change the water again, and boil another 15 minutes
5. Drain again, pressing the pokeweed against the colander with a slotted spoon to press out as much water as possible.
6. Meanwhile, if desired, gently sauté the garlic in olive oil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned, and stir the oil, garlic, tamari, and vinegar into the cooked, drained pokeweed greens.
Note: Omit the last step if you’re planning to use the pokeweed in another recipe with different seasonings.