1. Boil leaves in 2 quarts salted water for a few minutes until pliable. Drain and rinse leaves under cold running water. Set aside. (If using store-bought grape leaves, simply rinse them; don't blanch.)
2. Mix together stuffing ingredients.
3. Place a heaping tablespoon on underside of each leaf near stem end. Fold left and right sides of leaf over part of stuffing. Roll up leaf from base to tip. Repeat with all leaves.
4. Place leaves on steamer rack in large pot. In the bottom of the pot put the stock, garlic, and ginger from list of sauce ingredients.
5. Steam 40 minutes or until leaves are tender. (Or you can pressure cook 15 minutes.)
6. To make sauce, put the liquid from the steaming pot into a saucepan and add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to blender, blend until smooth, and add more salt if needed.