1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the blackberries, ground tapioca, 1/2 cup of the apple juice, the orange rind, mint, and cardamom together in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to a 14 x 9 x 2-inch oiled baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the fruit mixture with 3 tablespoons of the flour and dot with the apricot kernel oil.
4. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the remaining flour, the cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, spicebush berries, nutmeg, and salt.
5. Mix in the corn oil, and then stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon apple juice and enough soy milk to make a dough that's neither sticky nor crumbly.
6. Using a rolling pin covered with a floured sleeve and working on a floured pastry sheet, roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick in the shape of your baking dish.
7. Transfer the rolled out pastry onto the berry layer, cut slits for steam to escape, and sprinkle on more cinnamon for color, if desired.
8. Bake the cobbler until bubbly, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.